905 Woodside Drive
P.O. Box 487
Kings Mountain, NC 28086
• Lifelong resident of Kings Mountain, NC (65 years)
• Son of Preston Audie Hawkins and Nettie Pearson Hawkins
• Married 45 years to Kay Baity Hawkins
• 3 Daughters - Kim Hawkins Arenas of New York, NY, Zena Hawkins Johnson of Kings Mountain, NC, Tonya Hawkins Carroll of Pawley Island, SC.
• 5 Grandchildren – John Hawkins Arenas age 13 and Isabel Arenas age10, Son and Daughter of Kim Hawkins Arenas of New York, NY. Steven Allen age13 and Harrison Johnson age 7, Sons of Daughter Zena Hawkins Johnson of Kings Mountain, NC. Claudia Carroll age 8, Daughter of Tonya Hawkins Carroll of Pawley Island, SC.
• Own and Operate Kay & Tommy’s Bird House Villas located in both Kings Mountain, NC and Aynor, SC marketing in several surrounding states.
• C.A. Short Company, Shelby, NC – Outside Sales Representative.
• Value Incentive Programs, Kings Mountain, NC – Sales Representative
• Campbell Soup Company, Camden, NJ – Account Executive 14 state sales area
• Attended East Elementary School – Kings Mountain High School, Graduating 1963. Also attended Gaston College. (Note: Also participated in a number of sales, marketing, and supervisory training programs offered by Campbell Soup Company.)
• Past President of the Shelby Exchange Club.
• Member of First Wesleyan Church
• Past President of Men’s Bible Class
• Taught Men’s Sunday School Class
• 5 years served on Kings Mountain Planning and Zoning Board
• 5 years served on Board of Adjustment
• Kings Mountain Rotary Club
• Cleveland County Chamber of Commerce
• Newly elected Ward 3 member Kings Mountain City Council
My mission statement is to address the needs of Kings Mountain and its residents in all matters related to the administration and services of our city. My goals are to attract new industry which will promote additional tax revenue, but also job opportunities for our citizens. In addition, I will be a devoted advocate of providing and maintaining the highest level of services to our residents as well as area businesses and industry. There are many issues that need addressing to continue Kings Mountain’s aggressive advancement into the future which I will diligently strive to promote and support.