Rules of Conduct
The Mauney Memorial Library’s Customer Behavior Rules have a threefold purpose: to protect the rights and safety of library customers, to protect the rights and safety of library staff members, and to protect library materials, facility and property.
- Committing or attempting to commit any activity that would constitute a violation of any federal, state or local statute or ordinance.
- Being under the influence of any controlled substance or intoxicating liquor.
- Weapons of any type are prohibited from library building and property.
- Engaging in conduct that disrupts or interferes with the normal operation of the library or another library patron.
- Disobeying the reasonable direction of a library staff member.
- Failure to comply with the Children’s Internet Protection Act or Internet and Computer Use policy.
- Soliciting, petitioning, distributing written materials or canvassing for political, charitable or religious purposes in the library building.
- Smoking, sleeping, loitering, soliciting are not allowed.
- Operating skateboards, roller skates or other similar devices on library property.
- Using library restrooms inappropriately.
- Using personal electronic equipment, example cell phones at a volume that disturbs others. Headphones are available at the main service desk.
- Personal belongings must remain in a customers possession at all times, keeping walkways clear and unobstructed. This rule applies to all areas of library property.
- All patrons entering the Harris Children's Wing shall be engaged in activities associated with the Children's Department. All others shall use the general service area of the library for their visit.
- Service animals only inside the library.
Any person that violates Rules 1 to 3 while in or on library property will be barred from library property without warning and will lose library privileges for up to three years. The incident will be reported to the appropriate law enforcement agency.
Any person that violates Rules 4 through 14 while in the library or on library property will be given one warning at the discretion of library staff, if violation continues the person must leave the premises for that day. Further violations will result in 1 week, 1 month, 1 year or permanent banning.