Create an Account - Increase your productivity, customize your experience, and engage in information you care about.
An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer
Fill out all sections COMPLETELY and to the best of your ability. Your application will be used as part of the examination process and, therefore, should represent your best effort. Incomplete applications will not be considered. Once submitted, application materials become the property of the City. An application must be received in Human Resources by 5pm on the closing date posted to ensure consideration. Photocopied applications must have an original signature and current date. If a position is posted as "may close without notice," APPLY IMMEDIATELY.
Middle Name or Initial
Please list any knowledge, skills, or abilities you have that you feel are applicable to the position for which you are applying. Incluce skills with equipment or machines you can operate. If you wish consideration for a secretarial/clerical position, indicate typing speed and word processing software packages known and/or used.
List fields of work for which you have been registered, licensed or certified:
Please list your Valid Driver's License Number and the state in which it was issued. If you do not have a driver's license, please put "NONE" in the box.
(A Yes will not automatically disqualify you.)
• To the best of my knowledge and belief, the information given truly represents my background and experience. I understand that if I have knowingly or negligently misrepresented, falsified or omitted any information during the application process, or have made any changes to the format or wording of this application form, I may be disqualified for employment consideration or dismissed from employment with the City.
• I authorize my current and former employers to give any information regarding me or my employment, whether or not it is on their records. I hereby release them from any damage whatsoever for issuing same.
• I also authorize educational institutions which I attended to reveal my scholastic ratings, as well as degrees or certificates earned, to the City of Kings Mountain; and associations, registration and licensing boards and to others to furnish whatever detail is available concerning my qualifications. Notwithstanding any provision of State or Federal law, I expressly waive any right I have to review information the City receives from an employer or educational institution under a promise of confidentiality.
• I also permit the City of Kings Mountain to conduct a Police, Court, Credit and/or Motor Vehicle Records Investigation of my background where related to the job for which I am applying.
• I understand that if I apply or have applied for certain jobs, I may be tested for drug and alcohol use to determine if I am currently using or abusing these substances. I consent to the testing and understand that the results could preclude my appointment.
• I understand and acknowledge that should I be employed by the City of Kings Mountain, then I serve "at will". This means that I may be terminated at any time. I further understand that this "at will" employment relationship may not be changed by any written document unless such change is specifically approved by the City Manager
Type your name above representing your signature.
The City of Kings Mountain is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Please complete this form in order for us to comply with the reporting requirements of the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission. This form will be separate from your employment application. Other than the information you provide in Section I, the information on this form will not be used in any way in our selection process or for any personnel action following employment. It will be maintained in personnel files which must be kept confidential under State law. Public disclosure of this information without your consent would be a violation of state general statutes.
White - Origins in any of the original peoples of Europe, North Africa, or the Middle East.
Black - Origins in any of the Black racial groups of Africa. (Not Hispanic)
Hispanic - Mexican, Puerto Rican, Cuban, Central, or South American or other Spanish Culture or origin regardless of race.
Asian or Pacific Islander - Origins in the Far East, Southeast Asia, the Indian Subcontinent or the Pacific Islands.
American Indian or Alaskan Native - Origins in any of the original peoples of North America.
All FINAL applicants for high risk or safety sensitive positions (HRSS) must pass a drug screening process. Further information will be provided at the appropriate time in the employment process.
For employees subject to the overtime provisions of the Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA), we generally allow the employee to choose between time off or pay for overtime worked. However, either is subject to supervisory approval and may be affected by budgetary constraints.
I certify that I have read and understand the information contained on this form, complied with the instructions provided, and have done so truthfully to the best of my knowledge.
If you have a resume you may submit it to us via email at HR@cityofkm.com
Please send the resume the same day you completed this application. *****
This field is not part of the form submission.
* indicates a required field