- Feature Links
- Coronavirus Information
Message from the City Manager’s office:
The Coronavirus outbreak COVID-19 is a rapidly evolving situation and The City of Kings Mountain continues to monitor and evaluate all policies and procedures on a daily basis. The safety and health of our employees and the public is our top priority as we strive to ensure the continuous delivery of services to our community. The City staff are working diligently to supply the needs of our citizens while minimizing their exposure. If you have flu like symptoms, are quarantined, or under self-quarantine and need emergency services please let the dispatcher know. Sharing this information with 911 dispatchers will help our police, fire, and first responders take the necessary precautions to avoid any spread of the novel coronavirus.
Lets do our due diligence to protect our community by following all mandates and recommendations by State, Federal and Health Officials regarding social interactions/distancing and proper hygiene. (See helpful links provided below). I encourage you to think of everyone affected during this time of uncertainty. Be creative in showing someone you care.
Help our staff minimize face to face contact by the following:
- Use our website and online resources. Call our main line if you need any assistance or have questions. (704)-734-0333
- Contact us via email. We are utilizing email as much as possible in the event we are unable to occupy offices. Department emails and phone numbers are on our website.
- Pay your utility bills:
- ONLINE https://www.cityofkm.com/330/Online-Bill-Pay
- DRIVE-THRU WINDOW at City Hall
- DROP-BOX at City Hall (Drop box is checked on a daily basis)
- MAIL your payment to us at: PO Box 429 Kings Mountain NC 28086.
Temporary closures and modification to City operations:
As of Thursday March 19th all city buildings are conducting business but with limited access to the public. Garbage collections will continue on a normal schedule unless notified otherwise. For police reports contact the records officer at (704) 734-4600, Monday-Friday 8-5.
PATRICK SENIOR CENTER is closed until further notice.
All March and April rentals at the Patrick Center are cancelled. Call about future dates.
Please check their Facebook page or call for the latest information regarding food and medical transportation.
Every weekday at 10am check out their Facebook Live for updates and interaction.
MAUNEY MEMORIAL LIBRARY
The library is closed to the public until further notice.
Make sure to take advantage of their online resources while observing safe practices.
Follow the library on Facebook for the latest Mauney Library News. https://www.facebook.com/mauneylibrary
CITY EVENT CANCELLATIONS
- Glow-In-The-Dark Easter Egg Hunt
- Earth Day
- April concert series featuring Ultimate Eagles Tribute-On the Border (will be rescheduled)
- May concert series featuring A1A-Jimmy Buffet Tribute Band (cancelled)
Visit the Special Events website for for the latest updates.
Other Helpful Links: