- Feature Links
- Coronavirus Information
Message from the City Manager’s office:
COVID-19 is a highly contagious, respiratory virus with symptoms ranging from mild to severe. In the worst cases, people have died. So, it’s important that you and your family do your part by following the guidance of federal, state and local officials as it pertains to social distancing, following stay-at-home orders, hand washing and avoiding gathering larger than 10 people.
This pandemic is a rapidly evolving situation. and the City of Kings Mountain continues to monitor and evaluate all policies and procedures on a daily basis. The safety and health of our employees and the public is our top priority as we strive to ensure the continuous delivery of services to our community. The City staff are working diligently to supply the needs of our citizens while minimizing their exposure.
If you have flu like symptoms, are quarantined, or under self-quarantine, and need emergency services, please let the dispatcher know when you call 911. Sharing this information with 911 dispatchers will help our police, fire, and first responders take the necessary precautions to avoid any spread of COVID-19.
Help our staff minimize face to face contact by the following:
- Use our website and online resources. Call our main line if you need any assistance or have questions. (704)-734-0333
- Contact us via email. We are utilizing email as much as possible in the event we are unable to occupy offices. Department emails and phone numbers are on our website.
- Pay your utilities via one of the options listed below. The City of Kings Mountain will not be disconnecting anyone’s utilities during the next 60 days. We will also not charge late fees or administrative fees. However, your utility costs will continue to accrue on your account, if it is not paid each month. You will be responsible for your balance, so we urge you to pay each month, if at all possible. The City has multiple options for paying your utility bills:
- ONLINE: https://www.cityofkm.com/330/Online-Bill-Pay
- DRIVE-THRU WINDOW at City Hall
- DROP-BOX at City Hall (Drop box is checked on a daily basis)
- MAIL your payment to us at: PO Box 429 Kings Mountain NC 28086.
Temporary closures and modification to City operations:
As of Thursday March 19, 2020, all city buildings are conducting business, but access by the general public has been limited to essential services only. Garbage collections will continue on a normal schedule, unless notified otherwise. For police reports, please contact the records officer at (704) 734-4600, Monday-Friday from 8 AM - 5 PM.
PATRICK SENIOR CENTER
The Patrick Senior Center is closed until further notice. All March and April rentals at the Patrick Center have been cancelled. Please call about future dates. Please check their Facebook page or call for the latest information regarding food and medical transportation at (704) 734-0447. Every weekday at 10 AM, you can check the Senior Center’s Facebook Live for updates and interaction at https://www.facebook.com/PatrickSeniorCenter.
MAUNEY MEMORIAL LIBRARY
The library is closed to the public until further notice. Make sure to take advantage of their online resources while observing safe practices. Follow the library on Facebook for the latest News. https://www.facebook.com/mauneylibrary. For more information, please visit www.mauneylibrary.org or call (704) 739-2371.
CITY EVENT CANCELLATIONS
All special events planned in the City of Kings Mountain through May 31, 2020 have been cancelled.
Please visit the Special Events website for for the latest updates at https://www.kingsmountainevents.com