Send-A-Kid to college
“Send-A-Kid to College” is for students who have been attending Kings Mountain High School for 4 years and are dependents of City of Kings Mountain Utility customers. It is a community based “last stop” funding mechanism to be used to complete a student’s funding requirements eliminating the financial burden of continuing education after high school. This Scholarship is aimed at helping students complete their educational journey in the community college system. Purpose “Send- A- Kid to College” seeks to aid in work force development for our youth regardless of course of study. The future of Kings Mountain depends on the success of its youth. Education is the key to making sure they can be successful in supporting themselves and our future Kings Mountain families.
1. Scholarship to provide community based “last stop” funding – This would be funds available after all financial aid awards such as FASFA, Pell Grant, work study have been exhausted to complete community college financial obligation.
2. Scholarship can be used for degree or technical certificate program at Cleveland Community College or any other community college in North Carolina if course of study is not offered at CCC.
3. Maximum commitment from the fund would be for 2 years, (the time it would take a full-time student to achieve an Associate’s degree from Cleveland Community College).
4. Students are required to summarize their progress on completion of the 1st year while requesting funds for the 2nd year.
5. Funds are collected by the City of Kings Mountain and paid directly to Cleveland Community College Foundation or other community college if course of study is not offered at CCC.
6. The Scholarship is for students who have been attending Kings Mountain High School for 4 years and are dependents of City of Kings Mountain Utility customers.
7. Recipients family or guardian are required to participate in the donation of “Send -A- Kid to College” campaign. On hardship cases this requirement may be waived.
8. Student agrees to be used in marketing materials to recruit donors.
9. Grants will be awarded on a first come first serve basis as long as the funds are available.
10. Open Application Period—February 1 to May 1
11. Scholarship funded by commitment of donation by citizens and industries on their utility bill. ($1, $5, Other)